Cleaning and oiling your machine
No matter what brand or model sewing machine you own, cleaning and oiling the sewing machine should be done on a regular basis.
Follow these easy steps:
- Turn power off
- Remove presser foot and needle
- Remove needle/stitch plate (if not sure, check your instruction manual)
- Clean the area with the lint brush
Then you can do the following:
- Remove bobbin case
- Push locking lever and remove hook (if not sure, check your instruction manual)
- Check by turning the hand wheel once
- Insert bobbin case
- Replace needle/stitch plate
- Insert a new sewing needle
- Squeeze 2 or 3 drops of oil into the hook race area
- Run machine for short time without thread to prevent oil soiling your work
NB: Your machine may vary slightly from the pictures above. The principals of cleaning and oiling remain the same, so if unsure please check your sewing machine manual.
TIP: A general full machine service by a reputable agent, +/- every 2 years, should keep your machine in tip top working condition and give you endless hours of hassle free sewing.