Felt Floral Brooch Tutorial
What better way to add a pop of colour to your outfit than a cute floral brooch. This felt brooch tutorial has kindly been provided by Jo Pickering.
To make the brooch you’ll need:
- 2-3 different coloured pieces of felt
- matching or contrasting coloured net
- a few buttons of different sizes which go with your felt
- emboridery thread which goes with the felt, can be a contrasting colour, depends on your style
- some beads to decorate (optional)
- a brooch back or safety pin
- Decide on the colour theme or combinations you’re following
- Cut out 2-3 flowers, small, medium and large
- Cut out circles of net to fit between the felt flowers. The more circles you cut out the more three-dimensional the finished flower will be
- Select a button and/or beads to go with your design
- Using your contrasting embroidery thread assemble the flowers, felt, net, felt, net, felt, securing with a few stitches
- Take the main button for your centre and attach, sewing all the way through the felt and net.
- If desired sew on a second button or bead.
- Now you can freestyle, decorate and embroider your flower to your heart’s content!
- Cut a small square or circle of felt and stitch it on to the back of the flower to hide your stitches. Sew around the edge – blanket stitch looks particularly effective.
- Now sew on your safety pin or brooch back.
Voila you have a beautiful brooch!
For other accessory sewing projects click here.