Sew and Sea
24 Brunswick Street, Teignmouth, Devon TQ14 8QD
The focus of our business is to teach sewing, ranging from home accessories and dressmaking to patchwork. Our haberdashery shop supports our teaching sessions and has developed a life of its own.
Our sewing courses tend to run on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday evenings, Friday afternoons and some Saturdays. Our workshops are mostly during the day or Saturdays and are anything between 90 minutes to a day.
It's really important to us to ensure you will leave with a completed item and have the support you need.
The maximum number is usually 3 students, sometimes four for less complex projects. You can choose the skill level and project you want. If you can't find what you want in our calendar, just let us know as we book to demand, so the programme is always changing. I also book private sessions and small groups for birthdays etc.
Our supporting haberdashery stocks:
- Hemline carded sewing notions for all your sewing requirements - e.g. elastic, pins, machine needles, hand sewing needles, fasteners, tape measures, chalk, patches.
- Guterman threads in a variety of colours in Sew-all thread, Top stitch and Extra strong;
- Scissors and rotary cutters
- Berisfords ribbons
- Interfacing - both cotton woven and non-woven fusible by the metre, and sew in cotton woven;
- Bias Binding
- Fabric - Small selection of craft and dressmaking fabric on the roll, and as fat quarters.
- NEW - Quilter's wadding (80/20), Polyester wadding, bag foam, and Freezer paper
- NEW - We have launched an online shop for fabric on our website. The direct link is www.sewandsea.co.uk/online.html
Tuesday to Saturday 10.00 - 17.00
Sunday & Monday - Closed